So this is how my room looks now with the latest addition of the old headboard from an old door. I absolutely LOVE the outcome!
HERE), spray painted them white, then measured for height and width before stapling to back of door.
ACTUALLY- I only had one leg per side at first. Got the door inside (by myself, had to show hubby that I didn't need his help), got it positioned behind the bed, and CRAAAAACK the door fell forward towards the bed, splinters shattering everywhere. Rockashawna to me. Since my room was already covered in splinters and wood pieces, and the door was laying on my bed, I decided to finish up the project in my room. Went out and spray painted new legs (two per side this time), brought them to the sliding glass door on the patio outside my bedroom (thank GOODNESS for a sliding glass door in my room! Especially one that is only feet from the back garage door!) along with all the tools I'd need, and with a confused baby watching and wanting so bad to use the staple gun, I finished my project ON my bed.
I took a lace tablecloth and laid it over the door centering the design that I wanted to highlight and used unwanted planks to go around the edges of where I didn't want paint to go. After I had the edges blocked off, I spray painted the lace onto the door with a pale yellow. I peeled off the lace after about a minute (didn't want it to dry in place) and set aside (it'll be a great table cloth for our picnic table. Crusty from the paint so it won't fly away, the edges are still lacey for that delicate look).
I took pictures step by step to post, then my phone broke. I lost over 1,400 pictures. Talk about heartbreak.
We have 2 other doors that we are working on, one for each of our girls. Will post pics when they are completed.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!