Thursday, April 19, 2012

Handmade sundress

This is my first attempt at handmade clothing. I actually got a pattern and fabric LAST SUMMER to make both my daughters dresses. Yeah... I got home, opened up with pattern, sat there for a bit, then put the pattern back into it's little envelope. They have been hibernating in a drawer ever since!

This is like an actual dress! There's a bodice piece, a mid section, and I even learned how to "gather"!
My aunt came up from Portland to help me learn how to use patterns, boy did I need her! In one day, we completed this dandy thing! I think it's adorable! The best part is the fact that she taught me how to make it fit her now and yet keep it secretly big enough for her to grow into!
Thanks aunty!

--oh, she was so excited that she wore it to school today! It's cold here, but she put on a pair of jeans and a white tee-shirt, and that dress got to be the top layer! -------------> Proud mama right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment