Wednesday, March 30, 2011

First quilt


Yeah! I borrowed a friends sewing machine and got a lesson on how to use it. I scoured the clearance bin at walmart for fabric pieces. I went to the goodwill for the back piece (a yellow striped sheet) and for the inside (a fleece blanket cut to size). Over all, I think I paid less than $12 for everything.

My sister-in-law just moved here from Alaska and when she saw I was learning to sew, gave me her sewing machine. She had only used it once!

So I've made him another quilt (will post pics soon), and got some fabric and payed to try to make the girls sundresses. We'll side how those go.... I'm a bit scared.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

1 comment:

  1. good story, nice blog too...
    kindly visit back my blog, click ads for support. thanks. http://bizvm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete