Friday, March 11, 2011

New paper flower technique


I did this card for the sole purpose of making these new flowers. I started by punching 1.5" circles out if dictionary paper (don't have a punch? Wing it by hand! Trust me, you won't be able to tell the difference!). Ok, now you cut into the circle to create a thin spiral shape to the core of the circle, I cut maybe 5 spirals into my circle. Starting with the edge you cut into, start rolling paper into itself until you get to the middle. The tighter you roll, the smaller your flower will be. I used a scrap piece of paper covered in adhesive to lay down my "bud" on, to keep it nice 'n rolled up.
Remember, there's no mistakes, especially with flowers. They're all supposed to be unique anyways.
Have fun playing around! Try different textured paper, like tissue!

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment