Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Playing card album/smash book

I actually got this idea from my little sister. She gave me a little book of playing cards for my birthday that was a book of memories. It took us about 2 hours to go through, as every page contained a memory, which we had to tell the story to. One of the best presents I have ever received and will cherish it forever.
I went to Michael's and got some rings, tied misc. ribbons around them, and used them as the binding of the playing cards. I used my crop-o-dile to punch through like 5 cards at a time (LOVE that little guy!). I found so many sets of cards at garage sales this summer, I scooped them all up and now have lots to make these projects out of.
I used some punches (hearts, stars, butterflies, flowers, etc) to punch out of papers and other cards to add dimension and interest to the pages. This actually didn't take too long and would make a great gift for mothers &/or fathers day, Christmas, birthdays, Valentines, or just about any other occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment